Dollarization Calculators & Sales Tools
Dollarization works best when the customer is engaged in a credible, interactive discussion of the economic impacts of a proposed purchase. These discussions are greatly enhanced when sellers are equipped with professional Dollarization calculators to facilitate the analysis.
How Professional Dollarization Calculators Help the Selling Process
When designed and built properly, a Dollarization calculator can be a powerful selling tool that helps keep the discussion focused on the economic reasons a customer or client should be considering in making a business decision. Such a tool positions the salesperson as consultant who is earnestly working to better the customer’s business situation. A few of the specific advantages of employing a professional Dollarization calculator include:
- Provides a roadmap for the sales call. The tool is structured for interactive Q&A and walks the salesperson and the customer through the process.
- Includes all questions the salesperson must ask. The salesperson can focus on the customer.
- Puts the best thinking of the entire organization into the salesperson’s hands. This makes the organization’s sales approach more consistent and empowers individual salesperson.
- Engages the customer in the dollarization analysis to create owership and buy-in. A proper Dollarization calculator allows the customer to adjust their assumptions and inputs and to immediately see the impacts until they land on a result they believe in.
- Educates the customer about the importance of the various benefits delivered. By putting numbers to some often overlooked impacts, the customer may more deeply appreciate the seller’s offering.
- Empowers salespeople who are uncomfortable with math or finance concepts. Reduces the chance for sloppy errors which kill credibility.
- Credibility is enhanced by using an analytical tool designed with professional appearance and depth (vs. a homegrown spreadsheet or notepad).
- Allows seller to “triangulate.” Because both the seller and customer can focus on the analysis, not one another, the traditional buyer vs. seller contest is softened or eliminated.
- Gives the customer ammunition to sell to colleagues. Most business decisions happen long after the sales call ends, and usually involve a team of people the salesperson may never meet. A well-designed Dollarization calculator includes tools the customer can share with colleagues to help sell in the salesperson’s absence.
“Rick developed a customer friendly ROI tool that profoundly impacted the way we presented and sold a major new product. Years later, we are still using the model to cost-justify the product with customers.”
“After Rick’s workshop, our commercial team embraced Dollarization and it became an important driving philosophy for our organization. We learned the importance of connecting financial value to every product feature. As a result, Dollarization directly contributed to a couple of our important new products becoming huge commercial successes.’’
"I hired Rick to teach our salesforce the "Dollarization Discipline" approach to sales which had a positive impact on driving sales. The system truly shows potential customers how Display Pack provides increased ROI in their packaging supply chain. Rick is a true professional consultant that brought value to our organization. I would highly recommend Rick and his book THE DOLLARIZATION DISCIPLINE."