Outsourced marketing engagements are handled with a combination of on-site and remote activity. Frequent interaction is essential so we are always actively engaged in the company’s marketplace activities, product planning and other dynamics. This creates familiarity that enhances overall marketing continuity.
Because fractional engagements are funded through a monthly consulting retainer with no payroll taxes, benefits or other employee expenses, most clients find that the investment in engaging Rick Gregory in a fractional role is roughly equivalent to the all-in expense of employing an administrative assistant. For this, the client gets a proven marketing professional with 20+ years experience handling strategic marketing management and implementation, especially involving complex technical products and services.
Clients also find that in addition to formulating strategy and managing marketing activities, Rick Gregory will personally handle many marketing tasks that would normally require the engagement of external specialists, thus avoiding many of those expenses as well. Avoiding third-party resources also results in fast turnaround time to accommodate emergent opportunities and the client’s busy schedule.
When projects do require external resources, R.C. Gregory & Co. can offer a network of trusted sub-contractors (e.g., for web design, photography, graphic design), or can work with resources with which a client has already developed a relationship.
Activities typically covered under a fractional marketing engagement include:
- Marketing planning and strategy development
- Development of detailed marketing plans, calendars and budgets
- Marketing budget tracking, analysis and reporting
- Regular participation in strategy and planning meetings
- Media analysis, selection and communications
- Media negotiations
- Copywriting for advertisements, literature, website content, techno/marketing papers (e.g. case histories, whitepapers)
- Publicity efforts (writing and distribution of press releases)
- Electronic marketing planning and execution
- Direct marketing planning and execution
- Branding assessment, brand name development
- Ad hoc strategic support (e.g., business plan support, acquisition and J.V. due diligence, competitive analysis)
- Tradeshow and conference planning and promotion
- Website strategy and management, including search engine optimization, pay-for-placement programs
- Development of presentation materials for customer presentations, board presentations, investor presentations
- Key account homework and strategy support
- Channel support
- Development of dollarization approaches for key products